As a workhorse engine, the Chevy 4.8 engine delivers good performance and reliability. A well-maintained 4.8L engine will last for at least 300,000 kilometers before needing replacement. The amount of time you may use your engine is determined on the level of maintenance you provide.
The Vortec 4800 is a full workhorse that is also quite dependable in its entire performance. The issues listed above aren’t particularly widespread, and they only seem to grow more prevalent with increased mileage, which is to be anticipated with an older engine. These engines have a typical lifespan of 250-300 thousand miles if they are maintained properly and changed frequently.
What is the lifespan of a Chevy 4 8 engine?
On that topic, the Chevy 4.8 engine is equipped with a coolant and spark plugs that are designed to endure a long time. Having said that, the longevity of a 4.8 engine is comparable to that of a 5.3 engine, if not identical. Within the crank stroke, there is a distinction to be made. a tiny crank stroke appears in the first instance
Is the 4 8 L engine good enough?
The 4.8 liter engine does not have the AFM system, and its power output is around 90 percent of what the 5.3 will produce in the 8-cylinder mode of operation. There’s nothing wrong with using that particular engine. Increasing the number of sharing choices
What’s the horsepower of the Chevy Silverado V8 engine?
- Which engine has the most horsepower?
- What is the horsepower of the 4.8 engine?
- In terms of power output, the 4.8-liter V8s may produce between 270 and 295 horsepower and between 285 and 305 pound-feet of torque, depending on the year and model of the car.
- Used Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup trucks.
- Which is better, the 4.8L or the 5.3L?
- Watch the video below to hear what some Silverado owners have to say about the 4.8 vs.
- the 5.3!