How long will the 4.7-liter V8 engine last? The Dodge 4.7L V8 engine is a decent, if not very exciting, option in the world of Dodge engines. They should have no issue surviving more than 150,000 miles, but if you do not keep up with the maintenance on them, they may become quite temperamental and difficult to work with.
- 1 How many miles can a 4 7 engine last?
- 2 How much horsepower does a V8 Dodge Ram have?
- 3 How long does a Dodge 4.7 last?
- 4 What is the common problems with a 4.7 Dodge engine?
- 5 How much horsepower does a 4.7 liter V8 engine have?
- 6 What is the best Dodge gas engine?
- 7 What size engine is a 4.7 V8?
- 8 Is the 4.7 Magnum reliable?
- 9 Is the V8 Magnum a good engine?
- 10 What does a 4.7 liter engine mean?
- 11 What size motor is a 4.7 Dodge?
- 12 How much is a 4.7 Dodge motor?
- 13 Which Dodge Ram engine is best?
- 14 What year Ram is the most reliable?
- 15 What is the most reliable Ram truck?
How many miles can a 4 7 engine last?
It is possible that the 4.7 engine would fail after 70,000 miles due to inadequate or non-existent maintenance, which will result in expensive repairs. It has also been reported that numerous 4.7-liter engines with exceptionally thin engine block walls have failed in testing.
How much horsepower does a V8 Dodge Ram have?
4.7-liter V8 engine produces how much horsepower? While the 2009 Dodge Ram is available with three different engines, the 3.7-liter V6 generates 210 horsepower and 235 pound feet of torque, making it the most powerful of the three. The 4.7-liter V8 engine in the 2009 Dodge Ram produces 310 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque. It is the middle engine in the Ram’s lineup.
How long does a Dodge 4.7 last?
The durability of Ram pickups is 30 to 50 percent greater than that of ordinary pickup trucks. Depending on the type of vehicle, the typical lifespan is between 70,000 and 1,00,000 miles, depending on its age. It takes an average of 17 years and 200,000 to 300,000 kilometers before a Ram vehicle reaches the end of its serviceable life.
What is the common problems with a 4.7 Dodge engine?
Head gasket issues with the Dodge 4.7 engine have been reported in the past. Even though it is most commonly associated with age and mileage, other issues might cause the head gasket to fail prematurely. In some cases, high heat in the engine can cause significant damage to the head gasket, which can finally result in the failure of the head gasket.
How much horsepower does a 4.7 liter V8 engine have?
The following version of the 4.7L is designated by the letters ‘H. O.,’ which stand for High Output. There is a 265-horsepower rating and a torque rating of 330 foot-pounds for this particular model. The 4.7L’s final iteration, dubbed the ‘Corsair,’ arrived with 290 horsepower and 320 foot-pounds of torque at the time of its introduction.
What is the best Dodge gas engine?
The 3.6L Pentastar V6 eTorque engine provides the finest mix of fuel efficiency, strength, and performance available on the market. The eTorque engine, which is standard across all trim levels, is one of the most powerful on the market.
What size engine is a 4.7 V8?
- What are the technical specifications of a 4.7L Dodge engine?
- The 4.7L (286.7 ci) Dodge engine is a Chrysler PowerTech that is available in both V6 and V8 configurations.
- It has 286.7 cubic inches of displacement, is cast iron with aluminum heads, has a bore and stroke of 3.66 x 3.405, and produces horsepower that starts at 235 and increases from there depending on the make and model of the vehicle.
Is the 4.7 Magnum reliable?
However, the 4.7L V8 PowerTech engine is a rather excellent engine with a straightforward and sturdy construction. In addition, it has a durable cast-iron block and bedplate, a low number of electronic devices that can fail, and dependable timing chains.
Is the V8 Magnum a good engine?
Overall, the 5.9 Magnum may be a dependable engine if it is maintained and cared for properly. The reliability assessments are generally mixed, with a large number of users reporting no problems at all. People who do report problems, on the other hand, tend to report a lot more problems.
What does a 4.7 liter engine mean?
Displacement. The displacement of an engine, often known as the engine’s size, refers to the amount of space that its cylinders take up in relation to its overall size. This is frequently expressed in liters, particularly for bigger engines like as those found in automobiles and trucks. The 5.0-liter engine of the Ford Mustang is a good illustration of this.
What size motor is a 4.7 Dodge?
The Chrysler PowerTech engine is a high-performance engine.
|Configuration||Naturally aspirated 90° V6/V8|
|Displacement||3.7–4.7 L; 225.8–286.7 cu in (3,701–4,698 cc)|
|Cylinder bore||3.66 in (93 mm)|
|Piston stroke||3.405 in (86.5 mm) 3.57 in (90.7 mm)|
How much is a 4.7 Dodge motor?
We specialize in remanufactured engines of all makes and models, and we service them all. (Only gasoline is permitted; no diesel.) We will locate the suitable replacement engine for your car if the Dodge 4.7 engine is not the rebuilt engine you’re searching for by clicking here. $1,995.00 in addition to a $300.00 core charge (which is refundable) and $389.00 shipping.
Which Dodge Ram engine is best?
V6 engine with a 3.0L EcoDiesel. The EcoDiesel V6 engine, in addition to providing exceptional strength (480 pound-feet of torque) and the greatest fuel efficiency in the Ram 1500 engine family, it displays its worth in the towing department, with a towing capacity of 12,560 pounds. By the way, it is the best score in the class.
What year Ram is the most reliable?
- The following are the top five years for the Dodge Ram 1500: What Years Should You Buy? The best year to buy is 2020 Dodge Ram 1500.
- The second best year is the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500.
- The third best year is the 2012 Dodge Ram 1500.
- The Dodge Ram 1500 from the year 2009 is the fourth best.
- Dodge Ram 1500 (2011 model year) is the #5 best year.
- 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 is the sixth best year.
- The Dodge Ram 1500 from 1994 is the seventh best year.
What is the most reliable Ram truck?
Are you thinking about purchasing a Ram vehicle but want to make sure you get the most dependable model? According to Consumer Reports, the heavy-duty Ram 2500 is somewhat more reliable than the light-duty Ram 1500 in terms of reliability. Both of these trucks are far more dependable than the Ram 1500 Classic, which is the entry-level work truck.